This support article contains guidelines and information for Brandon University Student Accounts across many of the BU campus and online computer services.
PROSPECTIVE BU STUDENTS
Applying to BU:
For your first time applying at BU, The BU Admission Online Applications website requires you to enter a personal email address and create a password. The password you setup here will not be used with any other BU systems. If you are unable to login there, we suggest you click the "forgot my password" option and it will email you the password to be used.
Claim your ID:
Once your application has been accepted, Claiming your BU ID is the first step to gaining your BU Username and setting your BU Password. View our support article on Claiming your BU ID here:
CURRENT BU STUDENTS
The majority of Brandon University systems accept your BU Username and Password; they will fail if you try to use your BU email address when logging in:
- BU Student Information System (BU course records, grade marks, tax receipts)
- BU Online Registration system
- BU Moodle - https://moodle.brandonu.ca
- BU Campus Student Lab Computers
- BU Printing Release Stations
- BU_Wireless - W-Fi device onboarding
- https://studentcoursefiles.brandonu.ca - BU Online Access location for certain course files (aka "S: drive")
- Other BU-Managed systems
Some BU systems, however, will require you to enter your BU Email Address as your login name along with your BU Password ('firstname.lastname@example.org):
- https://webmail.brandonu.ca - BU Student Email location
- https://portal.brandonu.ca - Microsoft Office 365, also has access to settings to set up BU Account password recovery or change your BU Password
- https://portal.brandonu.ca/quarantine/- BU Email Quarantine System
- BU-based Microsoft Teams (desktop or mobile app)
- BU-based Microsoft OneDrive (desktop or mobile app)
- Student Loaner Laptops from IT Helpdesk
WHENEVER UNSURE, please try using your BU Username and Password first when trying to access a BU-based computer system or online website.
BU Library: Inter-Library-Loan requires a different password you obtain from their office.
If you sign up for an account such as Ebscohost, they will ask you to create the usernames and password to register.
Please contact ILL@brandonu.ca for further questions about inter-library loans
COMMON LOGON ERROR MESSAGES
- invalid credentials - either you are using the wrong format of username, or the username or password are just incorrect.
- not authorized or access denied - either your username is incorrect, or you haven't been given access to that program.
- blank page - your Internet Browser's cache may need to be cleared. Or try a different browser.
- bad request - your Internet Browser's cache may need to be cleared. Or try a different browser
- "an attack was detected, originating from your system" - Contact the IT Helpdesk to have this issue resolved.