BU Students can setup additional security settings on their account:
Self-Service Password Recovery
BU Self-Service Password Recovery is used to personally recover your password, in situations that you have forgotten your old password or are unable to sign in with your password. You need to complete the steps in this article in order to use the recovery process.
If you have already finished this setup and need to reset your password see our guide here: BU Students - Password Recovery Tool
If you have working access and simply want to change your password see our Password change guide.
Self-Service Password Recovery Setup:
1) First open an internet browser and visit: https://portal.brandonu.ca
2) Enter your BU email address and password and click "Sign In"
3) Click on your Profile Name/icon (1) in the top right corner and choose "My Account (2)
4) On the next screen choose Security info
5) Confirm your current password again (if required).
6) Now you'll be presented with the choices of adding a secondary approval method when recovering your password.
- You can choose to setup and use either just one of these options, or several. At least one approval method needs to be entered onto your account.
- It will ask you to confirm that it is working by receiving a code via email or text.
If you were to return to this page at a later time, then you can change the information. Note: The next time you return to this page you may be asked to confirm access via the secondary approval method, so have the access means on hand.
Congratulations! You are finished the setup steps for Self-Service Password Recovery.